VP of Sales
HRS was founded on the belief that the most effective health care is basic, uncomplicated, and accessible. We believe outpatient care is as vital as inpatient care and that patients and providers must be armed with tools to improve clinical outcomes. As such, our vision is to build innovative products in order to change patient behavior, reduce readmission, and decrease costs by providing patients and providers with the most advanced telehealth solutions.
We are enjoying significant business momentum. Just in the last year, we have:
- Increased revenue by 70%
- Customer base growth of 23%
- Grown employee base by 100%
- And just closed a $10M round of funding to fuel growth
We are keen to build upon and accelerate this momentum under the leadership of a seasoned enterprise sales leader. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Sales will drive revenue growth of our business through development and execution of repeatable, actionable and scalable processes, designed to expand healthcare marketplace presence and over-achieve annual revenue targets. The leader will create and drive a culture of accountability and achievement for both short-term and long-term goals and objectives across the sales and client success teams. Working collaboratively with the CEO and senior management team, in particular Client Success, Marketing, Finance, and leaders of Product, the VP of Sales will clearly articulate, create, lead and execute the Company’s revenue plans. Some of the challenges that the sales team has faced in the past include reimbursement for telehealth programs, product related issues, competition, and budgeting by potential organizations. We are looking for a leader to create strategies to mitigate these challenges and to teach the team how to successfully close deals when these issues arise.
1. Building High-Performing Teams and Leading Them To Success
- Develop staffing plans and Hire A players, that fit a solution-selling profile. Expected to always be recruiting, for present needs and also to develop a network so we are able to grow efficiently in the future.
- Penetrate target markets, and align strategies and resources, including marketing and product resources, to maximize identified opportunities in key sectors.
- Coach team to improved performance, shortening deal cycles and improving forecasting accuracy. Serve as executive sponsor to drive higher close rates, increased average deal value, and account growth.
- Create a culture of continuous learning and training in which wins are shared and replicated and losses are shared and avoided.
- Ensure product knowledge, and sales and success delivery philosophy/strategy are established and understood by sales and client success teams through focused team development and training programs.
- Identify team processes and skill deficiencies for ongoing training development to drive increased performance and success of reps and customer success managers.
- Decrease time from hire to productivity through leading the development and implementation a new training/onboarding program.
2. Driving Repeatable Sales & Success Processes
- Using Salesforce, develop and implement scalable processes, to enable land & expand processes that are metrics driven, providing actionable and accurate information for building, managing and executing a balanced pipeline that supports achievement of acquisition, expansion and renewal targets.
- Create a culture of strong CRM hygiene, in which if it is not documented in Salesforce, it didn’t happen, and one where the team is expected to enter and maintain complete and accurate data.
- Develop and implement pipeline management discipline, including regular pipeline reviews, in order to provide senior management with dependable and accurate monthly revenue forecasts (goal of 90%+ accuracy).
3. Forecasting. Develop and implement pipeline management discipline, including regular pipeline reviews, in order to provide senior management with dependable and accurate monthly revenue forecasts (goal of 90%+ accuracy).
4. Revenue Operations. Develop and implement a comprehensive Revenue Operations function, including accountability for pipeline management discipline, product and market training, new hire onboarding, quota and compensation plan development and tracking, and development and tracking of a comprehensive sales and success management dashboard.
5. Cross-Functional Collaboration with Marketing, HR & Executive Team
- Work closely with the Marketing team to define shared goals and execute on demand generation strategies that efficiently build and accelerate both “land” and “expand” pipelines.
- Work closely with HR to effectively recruit & hire A Players.
- Work closely with CEO as strategic advisor.
- Work closely with Executive Team to ensure sales efforts are in synch strategically, and with budget and capacity.
- Familiarity and demonstrated capabilities leading solution sales teams, particularly in the healthcare tech space. Proven successful track record with land & expand strategies.
- Industry Domain: Experience selling to healthcare systems is a must; with home health agencies and payers, a bonus.
- Ability to Over-Achieve: Proven track record of consistently over-achieving annual revenue targets.
- Effective Negotiator: Proven sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing with both new and existing clients.
- Successful track record of building and leading a highly productive, scalable sales process and team.
- Trustworthy - shows the highest level of integrity, intent, ability and results in all endeavors building trust with all stakeholders.
- Analytically Capable and Metrics Driven - makes data driven decisions with understanding of the data and its sources. Is continuously working to improve data sources and success metrics to improve decision making.
- External Relationships: Has a track record of establishing C-Level relationships in the healthcare industry.
- Skilled at establishing relationships with key payer organizations, achieve market penetration and support the company’s short- and long-term market initiatives of serving as many patients as possible
- Success with developing and maintaining a database of key accounts and contacts with payer and government organizations
- Deep understanding of legislation and changes affecting reimbursement policies and payer incentives
- Proven track record of hiring and developing A players - sources, selects and sells A players to join the company
- Closer - able to close and teach others to close complex B2B deals.
- Strategist and tactician - able to set the multi-year plan to meet revenue objectives, coalesce these strategies into tactical plans, set objectives for team members and hold people accountable to achieve the agreed objectives.
- Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment - moving quickly, thinking strategically, and superb at tactical execution with grit.
What we offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible hours and work environment
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance packages to fit your needs
- Flexible spending account for medical, commuter benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, and drinks
- Employee events and catered team lunches
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most driven people in the industry and have fun while doing it!
Creating a new standard of care requires passion, drive, and the desire to make health care accessible, efficient, and effective. HRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud to celebrate and foster diversity within our workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.